Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Lander Running Club Begins

Welcome to the official page for the newly-created Lander Running Club! My name is Evan, and I'm a recent transplant to Lander from all over the West. I did live in Flagstaff, Arizona for about three years where I met Amber. We found a running community there that was super strong, very supportive, and loads of fun! It really made long runs, speed work, and big-mileage weeks feel easy. We want our new home of Lander to have those same opportunities, outlets, and resources. We keep hearing about all these people that run in Lander, and hear rumors of some people getting together to do it, too. How does a little more unity sound? There is power in numbers - let's make a running community, together!

We'd love to get some weekly group runs going.  We're envisioning alternating speed and hill workouts on Wednesday evenings, and a Saturday morning trail run. Workout Wednesday and Sloppy Saturday? (If you have run at Johnny Behind the Rocks after a rain or snowmelt, you know what I mean about sloppy...) All speed and experience levels definitely welcome. Beginner and just curious about running? Come out and see what it's all about!

For Wednesdays, we'll bring a workout plan for the night, and you're welcome to partake or just do your own thing as well. We'll also be updating the calendar below with run times and dates, regional races, and special events. Shoot us an email if you want to share something that isn't on there.

About Us:
Evan, 28, Enjoys long walks runs on the beach in the mountains.  I race with some seriousness in ultra-distance events. I'm a bit of a trail snob, and I run the vast majority of my miles off-pavement.That doesn't mean I won't hit the track or pound some pavement though! I'm also dabbling in personal coaching and writing custom training plans- click this link or the tab at the top if you're interested!

Amber, 26, I've been running since I was about 12. My favorite distances seem to continue getting longer. There was a time, way back when, when I thought I was a sprinter then I discovered the 2-mile in high school track, then 8ks and 10ks in college cross country, then road marathons and most recently, ultra-distances on trails. I'm looking forward to having a running community again!


No comments:

Post a Comment