Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year! Now Back to the Track.

Happy New Year!

2015 has finally arrived and LRC is officially one year and one month old. We hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are as excited as we are for a fresh year of training and racing goals.

Personally, I'm not much for making formal resolutions. I think once you give it the "resolution" label, it's semi-acceptable to try hard for two weeks or a month and then slowly forget about it. I do however, believe in setting new goals and devising small ways to accommodate follow-through - like creating a routine (e.g. I will lift every Tuesday and Thursday) or giving yourself rules (e.g. get in three core exercises every day - whenever and wherever you can, say pushups in the office, plank on the living room floor, etc.).

What are your running goals this year? My goal for instance, is to focus on maintenance, aka lifting and core work that is monotonous enough to warrant my making excuses in the past as to why I didn't do them. We're runners, we love it in our own strange ways and if you're like me, you wish you could JUST run and pass on those boring routines at the gym. But the fact is that they ultimately make us stronger and more importantly, they keep us injury-free. So if I want to keep running and hopefully running well, I'm going to have to make sure time at the gym stays a priority as much as getting out for my daily run. To do that, I'll configure a routine that I can stick to and rules that will make sure I don't deviate - no matter how busy I might be.

With that, I hope you enjoyed the two weeks of break. Let's get back at it!

Wednesday Track Workout
5:30pm at LVHS Track
This week we're hoping that the warmer Tuesday temperatures will have dried the track out a bit so we'll shoot for some T pace efforts there. In the event that we get to the track and discover it's too icy, we'll leave from there to do hills on Garner Dr. instead. 

In the case the track lets us on, we'll shoot for 6, 5, and 4 minutes at T pace. As always, you'll want to make sure you've gotten a good 10-15 minute warm-up prior to toeing the line.

Saturday Trail Run
9:00am at The Bus. 
Meet us at the pull-out and we'll go from there. If you're new to LRC and wonder about the distance or the pace, worry not! These runs are completely flexible and you can make them whatever you like. We usually assess time and route once we see who shows up and you can feel free to deviate from that as you see fit.

Also, please accept our apologies for the late blog post, our holiday travel ran right up until 2:30 am on Tuesday and then it was straight to work so we didn't really get around to blogging until this morning.

See you at the track tonight!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment