Monday, March 23, 2015

Speed! And we need a leader for Saturday.

The falls don't look like this quite yet, but we can dream...
Hi friends!

What weekend! I don't know about you guys, but I was so excited to see sun and warm weather that I must have forgotten the consequences of someone with my complextion spending too much time basking in the warm rays. So I ran ten miles in a tank top, came home and went straight to assembling patio furniture in the backyard for another hour. No big deal, just a good old fashioned back and shoulder fry to kick off the spring season. Oops.

We had our first warm-weather, daylight track workout for the year last week and it was glorious. Let's do that again!

Wednesday Workout
Meet at the LVHS Track at 5:45 pm *note the time bump* we'll try to avoid overlap with the last bit of high school tracksters that way. We're going for a bit more speed this week! Don't forget to check your current workout paces using the Run Smart Project calculator on our website. 

4 x 3 minutes at I pace - 2 minutes recovery
4 x 45 seconds at R pace - 90 seconds recovery

Saturday Trail Run
Evan and I will both be out of town again this weekend, so we're looking for someone else to lead a trail run. I'll suggest the Middle Fork Trail, meet at Bruce's parking area at 9am. If you'd be interested in leading it let us know and we'll update this post and the LRC Facebook page. If we don't have a run leader, I hope it won't deter you from getting out there - anywhere!

That's all for now!

Amber and Evan


No comments:

Post a Comment