This is a big week for LRC, the Rough and Tumble Trail Runs are THIS Saturday, June 6th! Thanks a million to everyone who has pre-registered and to those who are still planning to register between now and 7:45 am on Saturday morning. The weather is looking good (keep your fingers crossed though because we're not actually supposed to speak of such things), the race swag has arrived, and we've got some sweet prizes lined up for you folks thanks to Sea Level Sucks, RoadID, Wild Iris Mountain Sports, and the Lander Bake Shop!
As it happens, we have our hands pretty well occupied with race preparations (and packing for Hawaii, WHAT!?) this week so we've decided to call off the Wednesday workout in order to have more time to dedicate to putting on as smooth of an event as possible for everyone coming out on Saturday.
We recommend flipping through past weeks' workouts for ideas to do on your own!
Rough and Tumble Trail Runs!
Registration is still open and you can register online until 11:59pm on Wednesday, June 3rd. After that, you can register on Saturday morning starting at 7am in Bruce's parking area.
There are only a couple of trucker hats left that will be available on race day, so register NOW if you want one. BUT you might also be interested to know that our stern "we warned you" part of ourselves have caved to the nicer, more understanding part and made the decision to offer hat orders on race day to folks who still want one for a small additional fee of $5 to help with shipping and the fact that we won't get another discount from the manufactuer on this one. There will be a sign up sheet at the registration table!
We could still use some additional volunteer hands on Saturday morning if you'll be around. So far, these are the folks that have so kindly offered to help us out on Saturday morning, THANK YOU! These events are simply not possible without volunteers.
- Jenny Joyes, Ella Joyes, and baby Joyes
- Kassy Jarvis
- Jagoe Warren and girls
- Anne Even
Other Events Coming Up
- Sunday, June 7th - the perfect shake-out run, brought to you by the Lander Pride Picnic! Meet at noon at City Park for a family-friendly, all abilities run or bike ride before Lander's second annual Pride Picnic! (We REALLY wish we could be there! Thanks, Kevin Redmon, for making it happen!)
- June 13th - Tutu 5k to benefit Room to Dance Wyoming, ALSO hop on that bike for the Fremont Area Road Tours (FART)
- June 20th - Big Horn Mountain Wild And Scenic Trail Runs - another race that's chalk full, but good luck to those who are already registered!
- June 27th - High Country Challenge - Dubois
- July 4th - Challenge for Charities 4th of July Half Marathon, 5k, Kiwanis Kids' 1 mile For the record, this is the only day of the year that we'll guarantee people that we'll be in town. It's that awesome.
That's it for now folks. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for making LRC what it is, for your constant support (even if you just put up with our weekly emails), and for being enthusiastic, bad ass human beings who are willing to share your passion with the community.
We hope to see you Saturday morning, but if not, good luck at your other events or whatever you get up to and we'll see you again in a couple of weeks.
Amber and Evan